Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Spicy Lemon Shrimp

Burp! Excuse me......
We just finished eating a yummy little meal.  My Spicy Lemon Shrimp with whole wheat pasta and sauteed green beans. 

Super quick & easy to make!  I had it on the table in less than 15 minutes!

Ingredients:
-1 lb of shrimp (I devein and peel mine)
-1 13.25 oz box of whole wheat thin spaghetti pasta (or whatever you have on hand)
-1 lemon
-frozen green beans
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
-salt
-pepper
-garlic powder
-olive oil
-red pepper flakes
-dried italian herbs seasoning

Recipe:
- fill up a big pot with water, drizzle some olive oil in it and put a healthy pinch of salt in, too. Cover with lid and bring to a boil.  Add pasta.  Cook for 6-8 minutes.
- On medium heat, drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan for the shrimp.  When oil is warmed through throw in the 2 cloves of garlic you minced.  Stir for 2-3 minutes. Add shrimp.  Season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, the zest of 1 lemon and the juice of 1/2 the lemon.  Cook shrimp until they are translucent (3-5 minutes depending on pan and how many shrimp you put in.) but before the curly up into a letter "O" shape.  They should curl only to form a letter "C" shape.  Otherwise, you have over cooked them.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to the shrimp mixture.  At this point I add a little more olive oil and some dried italian herbs seasoning.  Toss until everything is well coated.
-Green Beans: I always have frozen broccoli and green beans in my freezer and we try to eat one or the other every night with dinner.  You could steam the green beans in the microwave but I prefer to do it in a small pan.  I add about 1/4 cup of water to a pan, put in the frozen green beans, put a lid on it and steam them on high.  Once I see the green beans are just about done I take off the lid so the remaining water can cook out and then I drizzle some olive oil, add salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder.  

That's it! Try it.
So easy, so healthy, and oh-so yummy!
Buen provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message. I love to hear from you!